Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Woodwind Forum Calendar Fundraiser ...

AFTERXMAS: 30% off, but the code is only good for $100 off, total -- i.e. it might expire quick. Good until 01/02/10.

CELEBRATE: 40% off. Good until Jan. 10.

As before, only if you order thru Lulu.com.

I finally have a minute to post this!

It's obviously February, which is generally about the time people stop caring about getting a new calendar :).

Here are the total sales, not counting the ones that the calendar artists bought (those were "profit-free"):

Large: 26
Small: 47
Total: 93 (a little better than 2008)

I will try to get PayPals out to the folks that requested to share in the profits NEXT weekend -- I'm working this weekend.

Well, if anyone wants to buy a calendar a little late ....

Lulu.com said:
Take 15% off your order all weekend long!
Add coupon code "WASHINGTON" at checkout to save.
Offer ends 2/15/10

Ah, it's nice to complete a task.

I have sent out PayPals to all the folks that contributed to the 2010 calendar. I used the last e-mail address that you used to contact me, so if your e-mail has changed, make sure you give me a yell!

If your pics were featured in the 2010 calendar and you didn't get your PayPal or you changed your mind and want a share of the profits, please e-mail me at thesaxinfo@gmail.com.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed pics!

Everyone, please send more pics! The 2011 calendar is a good probability and the book project is slowly progressing ....

Sanity check please; I'm thinking of these two candidates:
  • F Mezzo Sax
  • Soprano (probably the S992) and the Tárogató for comparison
Hmmm. A Táro would be nice...
Then again, have you ever held a Marigaux in your hands....?

Well, my wife now owns a Marigaux clarinet, although it's nowhere near as nice as the Symphonies TTT has. We couldn't afford to buy your "extra" one, though. Unless you like low payments per month :).

Taragato is verrry interesting and I'd love pics of one either by itself or with other horns. I've not had one of those or an F mezzo in previous calendars -- I've only had a Conn-O-Sax. However, Jim, I know that you know someone that has a Conn-O and it'd be interesting to get both an F mezzo AND Conn-O in one big shot.

What'd also be fun is Taragato + straight soprano + soprano clarinet.

Just got to thinking, wow time flies and I wonder how many pics Pete has for this year's calendar? Maybe after the three concerts this month, I can start on the pictures. Naw, that's no good as I three concerts in July too. Okay, so I just need to get off my duff.

I've got some for you Pete. I can send you some of the Prez and the Klingsors. I've also got some artsy shots of the Pierret. I just need to dig through my photo files.

I like artsy. I just can't include pics of people. Unless they're of the photographer, of course. Having people in the pic means that the model(s) also have to sign a release. I just want to keep it simple :).

I don't do people. Only horns. (Well reflections of me in the horns too, but I wouldn't send those to you.) :)

I've got a better idea: just ship the horns to me. You're not going to miss a tenor or two :p.

I've got a better idea: just ship the horns to me. You're not going to miss a tenor or two :p.

You're probably right. I wouldn't miss them right away. However, when I go to grab one for a show, the trip to Phoenix to get it back would take to long. :)

I'm tellin' ya Helen, we really need to build some shadow boxes. And you have room in your new abode now too.

I like the idea of building a shadow box. I had a discussion with Steve Howard about how he took his pictures for his book. What he did was really interesting, I just need to dig it out. He used an old bathtub IIRC. He sent me step by step directions. Very cool. He's a nice guy. I love his book BTW. I know we have a thread on it, I should write something about it.

Back
Top Bottom