1979 JK Brochure & Price List

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
A member of SOTW, and a regular visitor on my site, sent me a 27 page catalogue of Julius Keilwerth instruments. Also included was a price list in DM. Very interesting... I'm not sure exactly what the exchange rate was in 1979, but IIRC, it was about about 2:1 in 1981, when I visited Canada. (1 DM = 2 Cdn $).

I have both pages of the price list digitized already, as well as 10 pages of the catalogue. (That is all the saxophone pages.) The rest of the instruments will be scanned & then tweaked in Photoshop in the coming week or so.

In the meantime, enjoy a trip down JK's saxophone past. A time when rolled tone holes were still real, rolled tone holes. When JK horns were still made in Nauheim, Germany. And when the Keilwerth family still owned the company.

Oh, I know we had a conversation about the Student Modell that JK had, and their Amati origins. These horns are actually illustrated and described on pages 3 & 4.

And yes, the text is in German. And no, I haven't provided any translations yet. I'll get around to it eventually.

Big big thanks Helen. I've just learnt a ton more about the Keilwerth models. Can't wait for the rest!

Interesting to see that Ambros Seelos is listed as one of their players - he's still going, along with Hugo Strasser and Max Gregor. I think all three are well over 80 now. My teacher's toneking is just like the one in the catalogue, right down to the guards. Lovely sound. I'd love to hear one side by side with the Toneking Special. Didn't realise there was a difference apart from the name until now.

As you're so busy, would you like me to translate for you?

As you're so busy, would you like me to translate for you?

If you'd like to do that, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks Kev.

clarinets too I see from the last price page.

Yup. There's not many pictured however. I think 2 only.

I'd have to check with Uwe, but I wonder if at this time already, he relied on his brother Richard to supply them, or if Julius built the clarinets himself?

Done, with my wife for checking/feedback. Will send by email or something.

Yes Kev, you can email it me. Have you got my email address? If not, just check at the bottom of my site and click the "contact us" button. It will open up your email client.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom