Hanson T6 Symphony Clarinet

Are there any well known clarinetists who play Hanson T6 clarinets? I know that Maximiliano Martin helped develop the T6 and Lynsey March of Halle demonstrated the instrument, but I haven't found anyone professional (orchestral or chamber) who play it as their primary instrument. Tx

FWIW, based on some quick Googling, the T7 is their top-pro line, not the T6.

Also FWIW,

* Why should anyone care why a really good musician plays any horn? We had a person posting here, once, trying to buy one of the worst soprano saxophones ever made because $famous_player played one. The reason why $famous_player could play that horn so well was more a testament to the player's skill because he could overcome the horn's problems. Buying the same horn as $famous_player is not going to make you sound like or play like $famous_player.
* Stephen Howard, a well-respected repairman (amongst other things) gave the T6 a pretty good review. That's good enough for me to say the T6 is pretty decent. I see a lot of other reviews that also say they're decent horns.
* Hanson has a try-before-you-buy policy. I don't know if they'd extend that to folks outside the UK, but it's worth calling them.

Also remember that the base T6 is 1989 Pounds Sterling, new. That's $2962 US. That's more expensive than a new R13. Similar price to the Yamaha SEV and CSVR, Patricola, etc., etc.

I like the idea that the Hanson clarinets are all computer designed and made. However, I'd really want to have some other clarinets around that price range to try, as well.

Hanson T6 / T7

Thanks for sharing. I was more interested in hearing the instrument than the fact that they are professional. I just asked for professional musicians because they are usually a little more accessible to the public. As you noted, Hanson has got some really high praise. I also agree that it's not the instrument alone that makes a musician fantastic. Michael Collins would sound great whatever he plays, I'm sure. But it was the sweetness and clarity of the CSG III that caught my ear. Mostly, I just wanted to hear some classical music played on a Hanson by someone who plays them a lot.

Cheers

FWIW, based on some quick Googling, the T7 is their top-pro line, not the T6.

Also FWIW,

* Why should anyone care why a really good musician plays any horn? We had a person posting here, once, trying to buy one of the worst soprano saxophones ever made because $famous_player played one. The reason why $famous_player could play that horn so well was more a testament to the player's skill because he could overcome the horn's problems. Buying the same horn as $famous_player is not going to make you sound like or play like $famous_player.
* Stephen Howard, a well-respected repairman (amongst other things) gave the T6 a pretty good review. That's good enough for me to say the T6 is pretty decent. I see a lot of other reviews that also say they're decent horns.
* Hanson has a try-before-you-buy policy. I don't know if they'd extend that to folks outside the UK, but it's worth calling them.

Also remember that the base T6 is 1989 Pounds Sterling, new. That's $2962 US. That's more expensive than a new R13. Similar price to the Yamaha SEV and CSVR, Patricola, etc., etc.

I like the idea that the Hanson clarinets are all computer designed and made. However, I'd really want to have some other clarinets around that price range to try, as well.

Back
Top Bottom