Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Help identifying Buffet clarinet with no logo

I recently purchased a used Buffet B12 on eBay from a respected buyer with tons of positive feedback. Paid about $100 for it with shipping. When I received it, the first thing I noticed was that there was no Buffet logo stamped anywhere on it. Not the bell. Not the barrel. Not the upper joint. Nothing. The only markings on this clarinet are the serial number: 921743, and the etching, "Made in Germany." That's it. It did come in a Buffet case labeled, "Buffet Crampon & Cie A Paris" and I suspect the case is genuine. But the clarinet is another story. I'm thinking I got taken. Anyone have any idea what kind of clarinet I've got here? Did Buffet ever make clarinets with no logo? I can post pictures if necessary.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Turns out, it might just be a B12 with the logo rubbed off from years of use. I poked around on the internet and found out some of the B12's made in Germany had a stick-on logo instead of an etched-in-the-clarinet logo. So mine might be one of those. I'm not so concerned with the logo being there, just the authenticity of the clarinet. Some pictures attached. Paid $69 for this clarinet plus $11 shipping, so not a bad buy. Needs pads and some cleanup work but other than that, it will be a halfway decent clarinet for blowing around the house. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.
backview.jpg
buffetcase.jpg
fullview.jpg
serialnumber.jpg
sideview.jpg

Welcome to the forum LambertJ!

I can't answer your question, however, the forum members enjoy inspecting and identifying different woodwind instruments, however, I'm surmising that they check in on the forum from time to time, so I'm sure Tony and/ or others will respond to your query soon, give it some time.

Welcome to the forum LambertJ!

I can't answer your question, however, the forum members enjoy inspecting and identifying different woodwind instruments, however, I'm surmising that they check in on the forum from time to time, so I'm sure Tony and/ or others will respond to your query soon, give it some time.
Nah. I never check. I'm just a bot.

Back
Top Bottom