Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Blue Label Research

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
For years now I have been gathering information about the "blue label" B&S horns to see if I can track their changes. I have gathered all the information together in the attached Excel chart.

This research has already busted at least 1 great myth about the horns that the company simply called "B&S": There were no "gold label" horns.

B&S used a blue enamel paint on their bell to body brace. Those horns that are being touted on eBay as the "superior gold label" horns are simply regular B&S saxophones that have had the blue enamel paint removed. (Yes, I have to update the B&S page on my website.) ;)

Comments and thoughts on the attached Excel chart greatly welcome!

For those of you who have these blue label horns, I would greatly appreciate more input! No need to provide the full serial # of your horn, just the first couple digits of the # is fine. Thanks!

My goal in starting this chart years ago was to see if B&S underwent anywhere near the evolution that their Weltklang cousins did. What I've seen to date, is that their evolutionary track was not upwards. Yes their were changes, but in some cases there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when these changes appeared.

Attachments

• Blue Label Research original.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 216
If you want to open and edit the spreadsheet on your own and don't have MS Office, https://www.libreoffice.org is cross-platform (i.e. "has a version available for Windows, Mac, and Linux"), free, and even displays Helen's notes. You can also use Office Online, which is free, but lacks some features and needs a bit of setup.

If you want to open and edit the spreadsheet on your own and don't have MS Office, https://www.libreoffice.org is cross-platform (i.e. "has a version available for Windows, Mac, and Linux"), free, and even displays Helen's notes. You can also use Office Online, which is free, but lacks some features and needs a bit of setup.

Thank you Pete. I was going to say that, but I forgot with all the forum posting issues I've been having of late... Including this reply... Sigh...

No worries. Easy enough to add.

I do most of my browsing, ATM, in Opera on a Linux box. IIRC, around 1% of the non-server market is Linux, so if you find something good to use, you try to get the word out. (Puns are always intended.)

Back
Top Bottom