Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Mesa, AZ Weather

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
This rarely happens.

It's 47 degrees F and the dew point is also 47 degrees F, so it's foggy. The humidity is at 97%.

Note that in the summer that the humidity can be single digits, so fog is really interesting for us.

I've experienced icy fog when I lived in Buffalo, NY. Rather small chance of that happening out here.

One of the routes I used to take to work had a bunch of sunken pits off to the side -- we have some rock crushing, etc. plants out this way -- and I'd occasionally see fog trapped in them and/or some wisps of fog going across the freeway.

Anyhow, I found it rather nice.

We get a lot of fog here on the river, especially when the overnight temp drops significantly below the water temp. It usually burns off by 9 AM or so, but in the meantime you can't see more than about 100 feet or so. We actually got about an inch of snow this morning, which is unusual this early in the season. It's already gone.

We have a whole lot more fog in Huntsville than in Hattiesburg, so it's a bit surprising to come back from my fall semester to a city that's basically halfway covered in fog since I've arrived back here. =P
It's colder up here, though-which is a good thing in the summer! (not as cold as say, Boston, but still not as awful in the heat as Hattiesburg is in June and July.)

We're supposed to get some snow soon though! Probably related to the weather system Saxhound had.

Back
Top Bottom