2nd Haboob of the Season!

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
With pics. First pic (570) is due east from my back porch. Second pic is due south. Windspeed is allegedly 26mph. I think that's more than a tad low.

We have both a flood and dust storm watch.

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 209
Update. North, from my front porch. I'm indoors.

You can see what's left of a tree that just got shredded. Take a look at that palm tree. That tree is just about 50' tall. It's now raining buckets, too.

IMG_0572.jpg

Picture is a tad more peaceful than what's actually happening ...

With pics. First pic (570) is due east from my back porch. Second pic is due south. Windspeed is allegedly 26mph. I think that's more than a tad low.

Yeah, but it's a dry dust (at least 'til it rains).

1.21" of rain in about an hour in my area. Some hail mixed in. Sustained winds of 40mph, gusting to 60. Power knocked out to about 46,000. Phoenix Sky Harbor airport closed. I'd assume Mesa Gateway is also closed. Two water rescues, so far. Guy up the street had a bunch of shingles ripped off his house. News reports say that an apartment building north of where I am had their entire roof ripped off. Temperature dropped from 105 to 73 in an hour. My mailbox, which was on a post, got knocked over. I'll need a new post. About 20 palm fronds (oh, about 7 or so feet long) got knocked off my next door neighbor's tree. I picked up two that got thrown about three houses down.

Light rain still falling. I'm hearing that the north and west areas of the valley are now getting hit.

Oh. Sorry. I'm in Mesa, AZ USA.

Back
Top Bottom