64 mm barrel for Yamaha "650" clarinet

I want to replace my Yamaha 650 barrel from it’s 65 mm to a 64 mm for intonation purposes.
I’m looking for suggestions.
Thank you.
Harry

A little pricey, but this might do the trick. WWBW used to sell something called the Click Barrel, but it seems to be discontinued.

Maybe not so pricey. Check out this one.

Thanks so much for your reply.
Never even thought of an adjustable barrel.
The Chadash is indeed too expensive.
I found this:
RS Berkeley Freedom Adjustable Clarinet Barrel
It has ok reviews. It’s made out of aluminum. I don’t know how that will affect the sound. But since I can always return if I don’t like it I think I might order it. It’s 89 bucks on Amazon.
If I buy it I will give a report here for the benefit of others.
Maybe somebody on this forum has tried this adjustable barrel and is willing to share their experience here.
Thanks again for your reply.
Cheers,
Harry

Yes, The RS Berkeley is the one in my first link. As mentioned in the questions / comments there, you may need to have your tenon corks replaced to get a good fit. If it's too loose, you can always wrap your cork with Teflon plumbers tape as a short term fix until you visit your tech. If it's too tight, slightly sand the cork with some 400 grit paper, and apply a liberal coating of cork grease. Be careful when sanding - you don't want to sand the wood, and if you take too much cork off, you will be visiting your tech anyway.

My eyes are playing tricks with me. I never even saw the blue lettering indicating it was a link. Old age setting in. Ha ha.
Thanks again for your replies.

Report-back on finding a Barrel to fix the “flat” intonation of my Yam clarinet.

First I had a professional play my clarinet. It played flat for him as well.

His suggestion was to first try a simple 64 mm barrel, before going to the expense of an adjustable version.

I looked at the in-stock barrels at the WW&BW. The only relative inexpensive 64 mm in stock was the Ridenour Ivorolon Clarinet Barrels R Bore.

So I purchased it.

This barrel fit perfectly and it indeed fixed the intonation problem with the added advantage of a more centered very pleasing dark sound.

Cheers,
Harry

Back
Top Bottom