Advanced User Tagging

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
This is a feature I've really liked at Pete Thomas' forum. Full description of the mod is here.

Simply put, if you type in @[username], like @Helen or @Gandalfe, in a post, that member will be notified that you've mentioned him or her, both via e-mail -- if the user is set up to receive e-mails from other members -- and in the "Notifications" menu in the upper right corner, plus in a couple other places.

It's great if you want to have one of the Admins, CEs, or a specific forum member take a look at your post/thread, but don't want to send a PM or e-mail asking, "Can you please look at my thread?"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 11.57.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 11.57.56 AM.png
    70 KB · Views: 333
So can I tag myself? I'll try to find this loophole. @TrueTone
EDIT:
Well it appears I can't keep one of these as a reminder for myself. That would have been useful if possible, though.

This feature has carried on to the 2.x version of Xenforo that we're currently using. It's still a nice feature.

BTW, I was not notified of the tagging I had a couple of weeks ago. I just happened to stumble across the thread. I should check my settings, but IIRC they are set to receive emails.

Back
Top Bottom