Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

All The Things You Are - Alto Sax

To me the Selmer sounds better, but that's just me.

Thanks for listening! I like the Selmer too, I wish I had held onto it. It's not really a fair comparison though since I was using a cane reed on the first recording (Selmer) and a plastic reed on the second one (Morgan - Bilger). I think the plastic reed has a brighter sound.

I agree with Tony about the Selmer sounding better. (Well, I also play one of these in a C*, so that's probably something to do with that)
Both are still good though, as it's mainly you sounding good, not the mouthpiece.
(Meanwhile I'm probably one of the few Americans on here who has heard of Asterix, mainly because of the fact I'm taking French.)

(Meanwhile I'm probably one of the few Americans on here who has heard of Asterix, mainly because of the fact I'm taking French.)
I've heard of it and seen a few strips.

I've heard of it and seen a few strips.

Well I'm basing that off the data from my french 1 class last year, of which 0 people had heard if Asterix before.
Now I'm in French 2 and hopefully will actually consider my French abilities competent enough to actually try translating something accurately, rather than things like getting the gist of old Selmer catalogs and the like.
Good to see that though, as the comic is good from what I've gotten to see so far.
...off topic post of the day, check.

I took Latin in both HS and college. That means that I can sorta understand most Romantic languages, especially when I have some prompting, like from Google Translate.

FWIW, there was at least one Asterix strip that was widely circulated on Reddit.com (caution: some sub-Reddits are highly NSFW and some are NSFL) after the Charlie Hebdo incident.

Sorry. I should go a little more on topic.

I prefer the tone on the Morgan, but it sounds that you're really fighting the mouthpiece and/or reed, which means that the overall performance is weaker. You definitely seem to have a better time on the Selmer.

Back
Top Bottom