Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Alternative Fingering

Hi there
I am new to playing the clarinet started a a late age of 70, I am loving it I can read music which helps a lot. I can play the lower register after 5 weeks but I am having difficulty getting from C4 upwards
Are there any alternative fingerings for them ?

Are you sure that you're holding your fingers over all the holes when going up there, and that you're keeping your tongue high enough in the mouth? (think "EE" for about where it is!) Having a separate fingering shouldn't be much of a problem-if it is, then keep your right hand down on the keys for open G up to Bb, and work on keeping your fingers still close to the rest of the keys when hitting stuff like the register key.
Are you taking lessons? A good teacher in person could help you a lot better than someone trying to guess what's going on over the internet!

Thanks for your advice I have now cracked it
My thumb was not in the right place

Right, and that's just the tip of the dilemma. There are so *many* ways to go wrong as a self taught musician, and many of those are show stoppers. I know it's expensive to pay for lessons, so maybe you only do one a month? 9 out of 9 self taught musicians never make it past the first year. Sigh, sorry ... it just had to be said ... again.

Back
Top Bottom