And you think your concert venue has challenges..

Being an avowed and committed non-runner, my choices were "Baby Elephant Walk" and "Funeral March of a Marionette." However, my favorite came via PM from one of the community band forum members----"I'll be Home for Christmas." :emoji_relaxed:

Entry Of The Gladiators - Julius Fucik

Lol!!! Too funny, since I know and played with Leslie Burnick (a very fine clarinetist btw) and many of the members of Upper Darby Sousa Band while I was in the Chester County Concert Band on the very same stage at Longwood Gardens. I hadn't heard about this story yet till now, but I can picture it happening (see stage below).

playingstarsandstripes.jpg

Leslie is in the first clarinet chair. I'm two heads to the right of the conductor playing alto.

Lol!!! Too funny, since I know and played with Leslie Burnick (a very fine clarinetist btw) and many of the members of Upper Darby Sousa Band while I was in the Chester County Concert Band on the very same stage at Longwood Gardens. I hadn't heard about this story yet till now, but I can picture it happening (see stage below).

playingstarsandstripes.jpg

Leslie is in the first clarinet chair. I'm two heads to the right of the conductor playing alto.

Why is the band standing?

Back
Top Bottom