Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Arizona Get Together

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I've had some interest from a couple folks wanting to get together with me for my birthday, which is the biggest International Holiday in October.

Anyone available in the PHX area on October 4 or October 11?

your birthday is Oct 4th and 11th ?

too far away for me ..... i'll send a present .. maybe a used reed or two ....
Let me know when you do this, I have some used cork grease tubes I'll send along.:p

I've got a nice crossbred yearling ram I can send.
He's small, cute, and gentle. The perfect 'green lawnmower'.

I've got a nice crossbred yearling ram I can send.
He's small, cute, and gentle. The perfect 'green lawnmower'.

An elastrator might be easier on the posting fees...and just as personal a gift. "With love from Odessa" or so...

I have an, er, "vintage" pad-saver-style clarinet swab and'd be happy to toss it in into the bday gift carton. :emoji_relaxed:

Hey, if you have old instruments you're not using, I wouldn't mind. I've seen enough used reeds: for some reason people still think they need to send me pictures of used reeds for me to identify their instruments.

[True] Someone once sent me a picture of a cork grease container to help me with my instrument ID. I explained the function of cork grease to him. [/True]

My birthday is October 9th.

That's almost like having a parent come into the music store demanding a replacement reed because the one that came on her childs clarinet broke. It had to be defective.

It was funny watching the clerk explain that reeds are disposable.

That's almost like having a parent come into the music store demanding a replacement reed because the one that came on her childs clarinet broke. It had to be defective.

It was funny watching the clerk explain that reeds are disposable.
Things I don't understand:

1. If I ask you (as in, "You, the person that e-mails me", not "You, Tammi") for a picture of your horn to help me identify it and you send me a 4px by 4px blob that's so badly out of focus I can barely identify it as a musical instrument, why do you think I'm going to be able to tell you anything from that? I don't have some sort of "super re-focus filter and biggerizer" on my computer. If YOU can't make out any details, I can't make out any details, either.

2. For the love of all that's holy, why do people persist in sending me extreme closeups of rust patterns on their horns? It's better than the interesting mold patterns one guy sent, I must say, but still ....

Look, I'm really good at identifying saxophones. A person recently sent me a closeup of *just* the serial number of his horn and I could tell him the make, model, year, pitch, finish, damage estimate and approximate value (Conn Pan American stencil, 1930's, Eb alto (low pitch), silver plate, lots, and not much), but I really would rather get as much info as possible. Which is why I ranted about that in another thread.

When I first got my first clarinet a zillion years ago, when the earth was still cooling, I really didn't know that you needed to buy reeds or that you could get more than one, just like I didn't know you could get different mouthpieces. I can almost understand the bit on the reed, then.

The only thing I haven't had was someone sending me a picture of a saxophone neckstrap and then asking what make/model his horn is. It'll happen.

(I do have pictures of horns with original neckstraps and that can be kewl: an SML Gold Medal with an SML neckstrap, SML reeds and an SML mouthpiece? That's stock, baby!)

Sorry. Pet peeve. Move along .... :D

Pete, you're the same day as Camille Saint Saens, and one day off Verdi, and me (on the 10th). I have some slightly used Valentino pads that could be gift wrapped.

So you are a fellow Libra huh? Happy belated Birthday Pete.

You don't have your age posted, are you pulling a "Jack Benny" and claiming a perpetual age of 39?;)

I'm old enough to be President.

I'm both younger and older than most people think :).

Many years ago, when I turned 29, I told my mom she had to officially stop telling people she was 29, because I was telling people I was.

Seems to me you and I were about the same ageless age. I know we have a kid the same age.

Back
Top Bottom