Basoon help please

Hiya all, i wondered if anyone could help with my latest auction purchase.
Its a fairly old well worn and obviously well used Basoon, and im trying to find any information regards its make, quality, condition and usability, is it hard to learn to play the Basoon.
I will post Photos tomorrow but for the moment im trying to research the make.
There are no clear markings on the Basoon itself but this may be due to its being very well used and any markings may have been worn off.
The only markings I can see are a fairly clear 1 numeral on each of the 4 parts, any comments, considerations or even opinions would be much appreciated.
Regards
Chris.

While I'm a clarinetist and not a bassoonist, I can say bassoon's definitely not for the faint of heart, or for someone who doesn't want to spend time practicing and taking lessons-it and oboe are probably the toughest woodwinds to play. I've been playing the bassoon I bought last year a lot this summer, and I've been able to get somewhat decent at the instrument.
Definitely harder to learn than clarinet or sax, although already playing another woodwind does help somewhat for how fingering goes. (especially clarinet, as the fingering is the closest to clarinet than any other woodwind for bassoon, although it's closer to the German system clarinet than the typical clarinet.)

Back
Top Bottom