Bass Clarinet Issues

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone might know the problem with my bass clarinet, you can listen to the recording attached, it squeaks on low g, is muffled on low b flat, and is very muffled on low a. Any ideas
??
the notes in the recording are e, d, c, b flat, a, g.

Topical humor: Your face mask got sucked into the horn. Remove it.
Regular humor: You're not supposed to leave the swab in the horn while you're playing.

Anyhow, I saw on the other thread that you have one of those Giardinelli bass clarinets. I know that the two major selling points on these are, "It's cheap," and, "It has a 5 year warranty." I think you have a couple keys that aren't seating properly and/or you have some bad pads. As I don't know you or your skill level, it might be you. You could also have reeds too soft, too hard, or broken. It might also be your mouthpiece. It might be that you've just got a bad bass clarinet and you need it replaced under warranty.

First time I've seen this associated with a musical instrument:
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Lead, which is known to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

It could be any of the things already mentioned, and without knowing your skill level it's hard to be specific as to the cause. My first instinct would be to check your pads for good sealing and check the keywork for correct adjustment. If you can do this yourself then do whatever you can while avoiding anything or any action that might void the warranty. If not, then first, get somebody who can play competently to try the instrument. If it works for them then the problem is mostly with you. If it doesn't, then if the instrument still under warranty then I think you need to discuss this with the supplier.

Back
Top Bottom