beaucoup de alto flute!

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
Just did a rehearsal tonite for the annual Fashion Cares show in Toronto. Dame Shirley Bassey is the featured performer. I was playing as part of a 25 piece orchestra backing her.

Bari sax/bass clarinet/alto flute.

There's a reasonable amount of bari, about 7 bars of bass clarinet, and lots of alto flute. One entire chart is just alto flute.

The setup is crazy. The strings, harp, percussion and keys are about 90 feet from the winds and brass.

The opener is of course a medley of the three Bond themes she sang.

Just did a rehearsal tonite for the annual Fashion Cares show in Toronto. Dame Shirley Bassey is the featured performer. I was playing as part of a 25 piece orchestra backing her.

Bari sax/bass clarinet/alto flute.

There's a reasonable amount of bari, about 7 bars of bass clarinet, and lots of alto flute. One entire chart is just alto flute.

The setup is crazy. The strings, harp, percussion and keys are about 90 feet from the winds and brass.

The opener is of course a medley of the three Bond themes she sang.

Merlin, you work the greatest gigs, man! I know that this is an old thread, sorry that I'm just getting to it. But I'm totally jealous! Go on with your bad self!

How did it go?

I had a great time. Typical big event "hurry up and wait" kinda stuff going on, but I have to say: Shirley Bassey is the hottest looking 71 year old I've ever laid eyes on!

Ah, ya gotta love those fringe benefits.:-D

Back
Top Bottom