Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Beautiful

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
dim

I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work." I can almost play an octave on an oboe. After about a week of trying. And scaring the dog.

I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work."

I so wish this was still true! Maybe it is true in other cities...but there's an abundance of oboists here in Winston Salem. It's ridiculous!

I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work." I can almost play an octave on an oboe. After about a week of trying. And scaring the dog.
I was told that too many moons ago. But talking to music majors now adays it also seems that there's an over abundance of oboists around.

I was told that too many moons ago. But talking to music majors now adays it also seems that there's an over abundance of oboists around.
But can they double?

I just have to drop in an add. I'm having a crummy evening and you've all managed to cheer me up and make me laugh.
I have a cousin who is actually getting pretty good with the oboe, she's many years younger than me (I have a gigantic family) and can play a smooth octave with nice articulation, she's only been playing for about two or three months.
I guess everything has it's first...

I just have to drop in an add. I'm having a crummy evening and you've all managed to cheer me up and make me laugh.
I have a cousin who is actually getting pretty good with the oboe, she's many years younger than me (I have a gigantic family) and can play a smooth octave with nice articulation, she's only been playing for about two or three months.
I guess everything has it's first...

if you ever have a crummy evening just hole yourself up in a room with your instrument and just play stuff ..... and read this board !!

Back
Top Bottom