Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Bettoney Alto

Looks like an alto to me, too. I don't have any measurements of a bass without a neck, tho, but the diameter looks too small for bass.

I'd never buy a clarinet without a neck, tho :).

I'd say that the length, shape and condition :)mrgreen:) all point to it being an alto...

Most certainly an alto, with an extended bell for resonance purposes. (Those alto clarinets need every bit of tone enhancement they can get.)

Someone on SOTW has a beautiful bass clarinet done in metal with Albert style keywork. Restored, it is spectacular as are the metal Selmers seen around these parts. I've never touched one in the flesh, but I would certainly enjoy any opportunity to play one.

FWIW, while the metal non-Bb soprano clarinets are uncommon, the only pitches of clarinet I haven't seen in metal are Eb soprano and higher and basset (both horn and clarinet). Anyone ever see these?

I've got a metal Eb 6 feet from where I'm sitting right now, unless my wife has "cleaned".

Yep, she cleaned. It's probably on top of my computer upstairs.

Last edited:
I've got a metal Eb 6 feet from where I'm sitting right now, unless my wife has "cleaned".

Yep, she cleaned. It's probably on top of my computer upstairs.
Soprano? Post/send pics!

It's dirty, but I'll see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom