Bought an Aristocrat!

After many years, I just realized my dream of owning an oboe. I love the sound, but even used they can be a bit pricey on a blue collar income.
This one is a Buescher Aristocrat, which from what I've been able to learn means probably a Lesher. I haven't taken a survey (I don't know what to look for yet!) but it has more keys than I know what to do with.
It came with a standard grey case with the Buescher logo plate missing and a receipt from the music shop where the technician had put it in playable condition. No other accessories.
So for $172 after shipping I have a basic model student oboe freshly inspected and professionally serviced.
IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

Now off to the music store for cork grease and reeds.

Does anyone know where to find a list of serial numbers for Selmer Buescher oboes? The number is B 57653 and the boring design of the plastic case makes me think it was made at the end of the Buescher name. About 1980 or so.
I've begun to work through the method book. It sounds like a psychotic kazoo.
My current goal: Long notes, smooth tones.

I'm changing my signature line to add that sentence :D.

I looked through a couple of lists and I didn't find anything specific about Buescher oboes. Best recommendation I can give you is to contact Conn-Selmer.

Back
Top Bottom