Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Brand New Piece for Woodwind Quintet and Soloist

Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
The score for SMALLER UPS AND DOWNS has been added to my page at the American Music Center. This is an extremely free improv-based piece that has compositional structure. It is scored for woodwind quintet and soloist. The piece is a framework for a collective creative process to take place in an ensemble. Please check it out! A link to my AMC page is in my Signature below. At the page, click on the Compositions tab and you'll see the piece. The score is in the PDF file.

Please note that this piece can be easily adapted for other instrumentation as long as there are 5 distinct tone colors.

The cover page and performance notes of the score have an in-depth explaination of the music. If interested, please contact me to discuss how it could work for your ensemble.

Thanks, Roger

Ha ha I can't help it.....

At this point in my life I mainly write what comes to me from my intuition or dreams. The original concepts for Ups and Downs were in a dream...I envisioned an entire score. It's true! When I woke up I frantically started to write what I could remember from the dream. Where there were gaps, I waited for my intuition to present the ideas.

I often have a feeling that the music has a life of its own and these pieces picked me to write them down and somehow get them out to others.

Take care!

Roger

you do know we have a musical dream thread ...

there have been times i've played through a melody in a dream to wake up, get to paper, then completely forget the way it went .. many times. I also have a problem going from my head to paper in terms of the notes to play. Oddly though, if i hear someone play something i can normally duplicate it playing, just can't put it to paper. :(

Just finished another piece for woodwind quintet, a version of Salt Marsh Rag. I consider it to be on the easy side and it's intented to be a fun piece to play. The score is on my AMC page.

Back
Top Bottom