Buescher silver plated curved Soprano

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
For sale for a large pile of cash
or

for trade for a nice alto in good shape one silverplated Buescher curved soprano saxophone.

Soprano is complete and in nice shape.
Recent pads, but in need of a setup by someone who knows these saxes. I wouldn't consider it in playing condition.

Plating is about 85% - wear on thumb hook, octave key, high Eb touch, misc linkages, bottom of bow brace, bottom of low C key and back of bell.
Has an OK shine now, but would really shine with a good polish job.

Keyed to high E and low Bb.

Only damage is a slight pull down on the neck.

S/N 943XX low pitch

Unmarked short shank mouthpiece included with newer brass cap & lig.

Comes with nice maybe original case? No makers mark on the case, but it is an old leatherette wrapped case. Velvet lined with a belt to go around the bell and a latch to hold the *attached* neck in place when in the case. Both have a slight old instrument smell, but not the typical nasty stench found on some old horns. Tarnish on the latches but they are sound. Handle is good, but has a repair job on one end.

I'm "selling" this for a friend who is a retired band director looking for an alto sax to play at some gigs in his retirement community.

View attachment 583 View attachment 584 View attachment 585 View attachment 586 View attachment 588

More pics available, just ask.

Ships from Willmar Minnesota
Ships to USA only - unless I know you.

He is looking for a nice sax that is in good shape and ready to go with no fussing. No beaters! We all know how nice these soprano saxes are. While a used MK VI would be nice, he is realistic and just wants a good sax, not a gold plated icon.

Send me your offers, worst I'll do is post them here for public ridicule!!!:emoji_rage:

I've never seen pull down on a soprano before. (Maybe this is indicative of how little time I spend looking at soprano ads.) Interesting, it's hardly noticeable though on this horn.

Nobody is interested in this?

Deal pending

Nobody is interested in this?

Was actually very interested, but haven't the cash or appropriate trade (unless he was keen on a ... :eek: ... Bundy II) currently in playable form.

Now, if that horn had a high\front F. I would have been tempted to offer an 880.

BTW, can you disclose what this horn was dealt for?

:)

Back
Top Bottom