Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Buffet B12

Hi All,

Well either I was crazy or just got a pretty good deal. I'm the proud owner of a Patricola Cl2 and an R13. Buffet b12 on an auction site as well as in dhgate. It was listed at $19.00 with 3 minutes to go. I saw that the instrument would cost $150.00 in shipping so I figured hey, it's still a brand new Buffet for under $200.00.

Someone put in a bid for $25.00 dollars and won. Then I noticed that this guy had a bunch of auctions for the same 2010 Buffet B12 so I did a little searching. I found that there are some places that had it for over $500.00 so I went ahead an bid on the next one and got it for $19.00.

So for $169.00, I'll have either a piece of garbage or a decent instrument I can use for outdoor concerts in colder weather. Anyone know about this instrument?

BTW Dhgate is a Chinese company that sells them for $104.00 - $168.00 each depending on how many you buy.

Steve

Buffet B12 is one of the most popular counterfeit target in the clarinet world, alongside the Yamaha YCL-250. Be weary if the seller stated anything along the line of made in France for B12, and pay close attention to the trademark on the 250.

If you have a genuine item, chances are that it needs to be re-padded. B12 is a staple of a horn. There is no shortage of suggestions about finer student ABS or polymer horns, but B12 will continue to thrive as an iconic student horn. I think that the Chinese are perfectly capable of matching the B12 in the not so "ridiculously cheap" horns though.

more on New Claridets

Buffet B12 is one of the most popular counterfeit target in the clarinet world, alongside the Yamaha YCL-250. Be weary if the seller stated anything along the line of made in France for B12, and pay close attention to the trademark on the 250.

If you have a genuine item, chances are that it needs to be re-padded. B12 is a staple of a horn. There is no shortage of suggestions about finer student ABS or polymer horns, but B12 will continue to thrive as an iconic student horn. I think that the Chinese are perfectly capable of matching the B12 in the not so "ridiculously cheap" horns though.

The clarinet at DHGate says it is made in China but the one's on the auction site have no place that their manufactre

Steve

The new Buffet

Hi Again,

My mistake. The one I purchased on eBay does say it's manufactured in France which most likely makes it a knock off. Does anyone know if Buffet manufactures their student line in China? If they do it could be a grey market B12 or a factory that makes them for Buffet saying

"1 for Buffet"
"1 for eBay"
"2 for Buffet"
"2 for eBay"

adnauseam :)

Steve

If the B12 was ever made in France it was many years ago. It was made in Germany for many years and for some time recently it was made in China. I don't know where they are made now, hard to say when Schreiber stopped making the buffet clarinets, then Buffet bought them, so who knows. There are a lot of fake Buffets from China, usually they don't copy it exactly e.g. missing the model name, give incorrect information, etc. The one you bought definitely sounds like it's a fake. I have no idea if the company that makes the fakes is the same as the one that makes/made the real ones. I haven't seen any of the fakes here, but from a few who saw them in other places I heard they are so far much worse than the real ones. OTOH there are some Chinese clarinets that are very decent so who knows what you'd get.

Got the fake one

Hi All,

Well I recieved the Fake B12 and it's not a bad clairnet. It is better quality than the Étude 99.00 one and marginally better than a Barrington.

I was going to send it back for a full refund until the seller told me he's give me 75 dollars off the price. Done. So for 80 bucks or so I got a decent clarinet that is good for outdoor work.

I'll proabably use it once or twice a year but it's there just in case.

Steve

write this off to the "if it sounds too good to be true" list.

I've seen the China shipped, made in France B12s on eBay and the subsequent talk of them on other boards. But no one bought one for the high probability of being fake. I guess we now know.

Just the other week I was mentioning about a Chinese website Selmer Reference 54 tenor saxes .. which obviously weren't for $500 ish.

Back
Top Bottom