Bundy Makes a Comeback

I'm going to be making my annual trip to South Bend and WWBW shortly, I'll test one and see what I think of it.

Did you ever have a chance to play-test a Bundy while down at WWBW? If you did, what were your thoughts?

Hi Helen,

Sorry, but I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.;)

I have had some health problems that kept me from making the trip this year. I do hope to make it there when the holidays are over, and the bad weather has cleared.

I promise to make a report when I have made the exodus.

Take care.

Hi Helen,

Sorry, but I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.;)

I have had some health problems that kept me from making the trip this year. I do hope to make it there when the holidays are over, and the bad weather has cleared.

I promise to make a report when I have made the exodus.

Take care.

Love your expression BTW...much better than the one I hear all the time around our house: Much busier than a one armed paper hanger...What does that mean? I don't get it. Yours I get...It's funny as hell...But I digress...

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I can so empathize. I wish you well. Take good care. Hope you have a Happy Holiday season...helen

...Much busier than a one armed paper hanger...What does that mean? I don't get it.
It takes two hands to hang wallpaper. The extended version of that expression is "...with crabs."

Back to the topic. Conn-Selmer licensed the Bundy name to WWBW to use for their own line of student instruments. The brand includes flutes, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones. They are all made in China. Conn-Selmer has nothing to do with the brand and has issued a statement that they are not responsible for warranties or parts for any of the "New Bundys".

Can you say "confused consumers" boys and girls? Many of us in the repair trade think this is going to come back and bite the non-musician CEO and board of directors of C.S. on the part of their anatomy they put their plush chairs around the table.

John

Back to the topic. Conn-Selmer licensed the Bundy name to WWBW to use for their own line of student instruments. The brand includes flutes, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones. They are all made in China. Conn-Selmer has nothing to do with the brand and has issued a statement that they are not responsible for warranties or parts for any of the "New Bundys".

Can you say "confused consumers" boys and girls? Many of us in the repair trade think this is going to come back and bite the non-musician CEO and board of directors of C.S. on the part of their anatomy they put their plush chairs around the table.

John

That's very interesting John. Yes, I agree Conn-Selmer has not done itself any favors in the reputation department. If these new Bundy horns turn out to be duds, CS will certainly be the one to suffer in reputation. Nowhere does it indicate the WWBW is responsible for the Bundy name. (At least on any of the on-line ad copy that I've read. It will obviously say so in the printed warrenty that comes with the new horn, but we all know what happens to that...)

And even if the horns aren't total duds, there's a pretty darn good chance that they won't last as long as the original Bundy or Bundy II horn have. Either way, the Bundy name, and by extension the CS name & reputation, has been already been compromised.

Back
Top Bottom