Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Charlie Barnett arrangement of Sidewalks of New York ("East Side, West Side")

My mentor as a newbie tech writer wouldn't allow the use of some words like member or function. Function??? BTW, that's kinda challenging to do when writing about the C programming language. She was very talented but kinda scary as a human being.

You wrote about the C programming language? Did you ever hear of a guy named Al Stevens?

Yup, didn't know you were that guy. I learned enough about programming to know I never wanted to do it for a living. :cool:
Long as it isn't in C...<eg>
(No offense meant. I was raised by Niklaus Wirth and his brethren, so...)

Anyhow, it's interesting to see how music lets you meet people you'd never expect to shake virtual hands with. :cool:

By the way, my original request for an arrangement of Sidewalks of New York has been answered by Mr. Collins at Lush Life Music. Check out his website for the listing of the tune and an audio sample.

Also in relation to Walt Stuart...

...I am part of a consortium that purchased the entire Walt Stuart library back a year or so ago. I was the member with the convenient trailer and enough spare time to spend a week at Disney World, taking a Saturday in the midst of it all to pick up the library.

The collection filled about sixty boxes to the brim, with everything from the original arrangement copies (many on onionskins) to intact copies of arrangements that Walt sold commercially, to his arranging tools and reference library. Getting it all packed up required the assistance of my n'er-do-well brother, my daughter (both resident in Central Florida), Mr. Bertini and my lovely wife for a full five hours (including a comprehensive cleanup of the room at his sister's condominium that he used for his studio).

Email me for a referral to the head of the consortium should you be interested in any of Walt's creations.

Back
Top Bottom