Chinese Rosewood >Venus>Cecilo>Schiller

I have not tried any of those clarinet.

I also personally would not buy anything that gets "shipped" from China.

That Cecilio though ships from US location and has a 30 day money back.

Dealing with unknowns .. if you can confirm a liberal money back guarantee than I would go that route. It will at least allow you to find out about an instrument.

But then .. I would check the CSO list on the Clarinet BBoard first as I think the Cecilio is on it. It would just save you from wasting your time and effort and money (you still have to pay for shipping to and from).

Interesting note .. on the Venus rosewood .. the toneholes are black which would give me the notion that they are tonehole inserts.

Hi Steve
I'm not really looking, just curious.

I had a Venus plastic that I lent to a student.
It keeps her from quitting :emoji_smile:

It actually played okay.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not hired or payed for endorsement of the mentioned brands! I'm a private (German) player without any connections to the mentioned manufacturers.

The problem with the chinese instruments is the instability of quality. One takes a "Venus" (or other third party branded china borne clarinet) and it fits very well, one takes a model full of lacks and disadvantages. Same model - but different in quality totally.-( Therefore every new trial you could get a top adjusted and fine tuned piece or the last scrap.

But if an advanced beginner searches for a cheap wooden clarinet in the lower price level, than he should take look on Amati, Schreiber or Jupiter. The Schreiber WSLE f.i. will be offered by Thomann in Germany (thomann.de) less than 600,-€ (incl. 19% tax, it's a fully licensed copy of a famous instrument of double price;-).
The new Amatis stay in the same region (for prices see http://www.amati.co.at/klarinette/Klarinetten). And a full equipped 615 B or 625 B (professional models comparable to the highest end of intermediate models of the big 4;-) of Amati is less than 1.100,-€ (inkl. 20% tax)!

kindly
Roman

PS: If choiced a used instrument from Amati series, be aware to get an instrument not older than build 1994! These new Amatis are done very well and fine adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom