Clarinet Identification/Value (Continental Clarion)

Hi everyone,
I just picked up this old vintage clarinet from a flea market and could use some help on figuring out the name/model/value and such. Here's the info I could find:

It's a stencil clarinet (I think manufactured by Conn, but that could be wrong) and branded/released by Continental Clarion (maybe Clarlon I can't really tell).
The only other markings on the clarinet is the number 41371 on the backside right above the bell.

Any information at all would be super helpful, and I'm happy to answer any more questions or provide more pictures!

IMG-1065.jpg

IMG-1066.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I'm not completely sure, but some of those tone holes look like they've been re-soldered a couple times. There's also that post under the left hand low E/"middle" C also looks like it's been re-soldered. I also see some white pads lying loose in the case. Those are quite old.

The mouthpiece may be worth a lot more than the clarinet. You might want to take some pics of that, especially if there's a name engraved or stamped on it.

While I no longer try to look up horn values, I can tell you off the top of my head that this one's probably worth in the $25 range. You could always shine up the horn (don't use Brasso; use a liquid metal cleaner that's low abrasive) and mount it to a wall or make a lamp out of it. Just update your tetanus shot. There's a reason why those are called "needle springs".

Back
Top Bottom