Couple of really nice Orsi curved sopraninos

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
First, I'll note and express appreciation to PM Woodwind for finally putting up big pics. Second, I just randomly clicked on their home page and saw that they're selling two curved sopraninos. They both look a lot alike and I know that Orsi did make curved 'ninos. So, here's the "Gi-Gi" engraved one and here's the Orsi badged one.

I'm not necessarily going to agree that the "Gi-Gi" horn was sold through Dolnet. I can say that I've seen Dolnet-badged curved sopranos and they're definitely not made by Dolnet.

2009-0.jpg 2009-7.jpg

3715-0.jpg 3715-9.jpg

Paul's had big pics on his site for well over a year now Pete. ;) Your powers of observation are slipping.... :p

He contacted me a curved 'nino made by Dolnet last year. He thought I might be interested. I said: Me? You thought I might be interested? The person who bought the Blackgold Couf? Why me? His response: I thought you liked unusual horns, and this one is unusual. It could be an necklace for your bass. :emoji_laughing:

I thought about purchasing one of the curved nino's. The issue with the orsi models is that they are very inconsistent. The best of the best are good at most. I did a lot of reaserch and the common theme I was seeing was issues with tones holes. Some people absolutley love them and some people despise them. It's hard to get a concrete and good opinion.

..... The best of the best are good at most. ...... Some people absolutley love them and some people despise them. It's hard to get a concrete and good opinion.

Yup. That about sums up Orsi in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom