Critter in my case!!!

I took my Series 9 clarinet with the original case in for some work yesterday. Opened up the case and there was a little white moth bug crawing around inside. I hadn't played the clarinet for about six months or so 'cause I knew it needed some leaks fixed. It was sitting in the case all that time. The irony is I put it in the case to store rather than leave it sitting on the stand peg thinking it would be safer there.

I'm guessing the little bugger just moved in recently. He was all by himself. No visable sign of eggs. Luckily, I didn't see any damage to the pads or anything. I'm hoping the repair bill doesn't go to a full overhaul. The case went right into the trash. I had to buy a new Gator model.

My tech says he sees this often. Told me horror stories of parents spraying Raid into the case rather than buying a new one! Emagine your kid blowing on that horn. Yikes :emoji_astonished:

Put some Cedar in the case the next time you store it. No bugs, and it smells good.

I took my Series 9 clarinet with the original case in for some work yesterday. Opened up the case and there was a little white moth bug crawing around inside. I hadn't played the clarinet for about six months or so 'cause I knew it needed some leaks fixed. It was sitting in the case all that time. The irony is I put it in the case to store rather than leave it sitting on the stand peg thinking it would be safer there.

I'm guessing the little bugger just moved in recently. He was all by himself. No visable sign of eggs. Luckily, I didn't see any damage to the pads or anything. I'm hoping the repair bill doesn't go to a full overhaul. The case went right into the trash. I had to buy a new Gator model.

My tech says he sees this often. Told me horror stories of parents spraying Raid into the case rather than buying a new one! Emagine your kid blowing on that horn. Yikes :emoji_astonished:

Selmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back
Top Bottom