Crystal MPC with metal lig slippage problem?

Anyone else have this problem? I have a Vandoren Optimum, Bonade inverted, and old school "L" Leblance. All of which twist and slip easy which of course causes the reed to come off the table. Is there any cure for this? Tightening doesn't seem to help. Doesn't happen on my wood MPC or hard rubber, just the crystals.

You can try a bite patch or piece of electrical tap on top of the mouthpiece. Rovner ligs probably won’t slip.
I have found that bite patches and electrical tape get gooey/grungy pretty quickly. I tend to glue strips of TechCork to the inside of the ligature for mouthpieces that are slippery (or too small for lig).

I tried the "bite patch" and it worked so well it was then difficult to take the lig off. The cork idea sounds like it could work. Thanks guys.

I have found that bite patches and electrical tape get gooey/grungy pretty quickly. I tend to glue strips of TechCork to the inside of the ligature for mouthpieces that are slippery (or too small for lig).
While I never had have this problem, I would definitely not recommend electrical tape for the reasons mentioned here. I use enough electrical tape to know about the incredible goo factor.

Back
Top Bottom