Describe your practice space

I practice in the cellar.

No, I practice in the basement.

Nah, I practice in the Count Basement!!!

sorry, I couldn't resist

Reactions: Ed
I'd post a photo of the "saxophone room" as my son calls it but I just cleaned it for guests. I'll have to wait a month or two for it to get back to a bed full of horns, reeds, mouthpieces, and music before I can give all of your a truthful look at the room. Of course, my wife will want to kill me when I post the picture. :emoji_smile:

I'd post a photo of the "saxophone room" as my son calls it but I just cleaned it for guests. I'll have to wait a month or two for it to get back to a bed full of horns, reeds, mouthpieces, and music before I can give all of your a truthful look at the room. Of course, my wife will want to kill me when I post the picture. :emoji_smile:
As many of you know, I'm a computer tech. We could do the same style of thread about our workspaces.

I have, in my office (a converted 12' x 6' closet) at work:

* 30 or so laptops scattered across a bookcase
* 20 or so desktops on a wire-mesh set of shelves
* My main PC and two 19" flat panels (one portrait and one landscape)
* My main Mac and a 19" flat panel (both of the above on the same desk)
* Two 19" flat panels on a "anti-static" workbench
* An HP 4M and an HP 81xx all-in-one on the shelf below the workbench
* A converted telecom storage rack (nice, big and walnut) that has cubby holes for cables and parts
* A rolling worktable

On the walls, I have various artwork, corkboards, whiteboards ... and various ancient obsolete or non-working computer gear. I rather like the 5gb Bigfoot hard drive. The LCD that one of my users "I don't know how it broke; I only took it on a plane and didn't put it in a padded carrying case" is also a favorite.

It's also much more impressive when I have a variety of broken computers in various stages of disassemble on my various work surfaces.

I have a chair in the middle of all this. I feel like I'm in a Jefferies tube.

You guys are so... civilized!

I didn't post a picture of the other side of the room...It looks like yours Randy!! Only minus the repair tools! Too much gear...Too little space...I think many of us here suffer from that. :)

My practice space eh? ... Anywhere and everywhere I can find to play my horns as many hours a day I have time for/can stand until I find a fully detached house to rent in the west end near humber.

Until then, I practice at work - yes I have summer job that has a lot of down time so I get to play!! .. and lock myself in the aweful Humber practice mods ... EWWW! ... or what not.

*pleaseeeeeeeee let me find a house soon!

6x8 room.
1 wall brick, 2 wood, 1 unfinished wall leading into a bathroom (formerly finished, but there was a pipe problem... flooding... grrr... no horns were harmed in this incident, my Berbiguier, however... ). Concrete floors, no ceiling (just insulation and some scrap weather barrier for pergo-style floors as a barrier from the insulation). There is a door leading into a bathroom (the shower doesn't work, but the rest does... well... cold water things work... hot... sigh). But this gives me a water source for reed soaking, a mirror for checking embochure and how cool my hair looks when playing. Concrete floor with carpet scraps thrown down on the floor and some rolls in a couple corners.

Best part? There is a 425sq ft den and another brick wall inbetween the room and the living room, and that's got 15 ft to the closest bedroom.

I picked up a new Meyer 6M and was practicing in one of the two middle rooms since no-one but the kids were home. The sis-n-law came in from a friend's house and was like ... "was that you playing?" "yeah" "I've never heard you play before".

I guess the room works.

**BRENT**

Back
Top Bottom