digital tv converter boxes

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Who out there has one already?

My coupons expire in 9 days so it its getting down to crunch time for me. I'm out in the boonies so I need something with the analog pass through feature to keep what channels I have until the big switchover (switchoff).

Anybody got any information on how their box is doing?

Yup. We get a good assortment from a low power UHF local relay setup. I have no interest in a subscription service - cable or satellite. All the boxes available locally are without the pass through function. Philco makes a box that gets good reviews, but I can't find a source for them.

I suppose I'll just get the locally available boxes to use the coupon and return them and order something online. I just love it when "improvements" are mandatory.:emoji_imp:

I did that after 9/11. I was just as angry with the networks for re-inflicting the terrorists on us day after day without mercy as I was with the buggers who did the deeds. I bought some old TV series DVD sets and watched those.

We have a 7 month old boy, so random access to TV is pretty handy in the middle of the night. Hopefully this will pass...

On advice, I hit the Radioshack site and found a decent box. The local store is having it shipped to my house.

Back
Top Bottom