Doubling Duo Gig

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
My friend Jeff and I did a two hour duo gig today on multiple instruments.

Here's some pics:

We did the Beethoven Duo #2 in an arrangement for soprano and bari sax (original is for clarinet/bassoon)

2665338472_c25ae611bf.jpg

Lots of Mozart on bassoons (K 487 and K 292) as well as a Hindemith Duet.

2665338170_2a4037a72b.jpg

And a variety of short pieces for clarinet and bassoon, including some Vaughan-Williams, Mozart, Bach and Boismortier.

2665354762_b02373dc2d.jpg

Last edited:
Your saxes and bassoon/clarinetduos look pretty good, but try and line up those bassoons Hmmm?:emoji_rolling_eyes:

Sounds like a fun way to spend some time before the show. Are those your pit blacks?

Yes, and so are the glasses.

Wild Bill Hickok hair is optional.

Actually, I miss the Béret and the Ray-Ban, and the black turtleneck.

(Now that you mention Shakespeare - is that Stratford as in "upon Avon", or just a tourist trap? <hides behind hard case>)

(Forgive me, I was just yanking your chain)

What I didn't know was that the town was apparently funded by a group of Shakespeare fans (according to Wikipedia, at least). I am somewhat familiar with all the "New XYZ" settlements, but a complete package including a river was new to me.

Not sure if I want to attend the Zurich Bean Festival... ;-)

(Forgive me, I was just yanking your chain)

What I didn't know was that the town was apparently funded by a group of Shakespeare fans (according to Wikipedia, at least). I am somewhat familiar with all the "New XYZ" settlements, but a complete package including a river was new to me.

Not sure if I want to attend the Zurich Bean Festival... ;-)

Bean there, done that. :emoji_rage:

We've got a garlic festival here in the fall.

No doubt the good folks in Gilroy CA will dispute the validity of your festival, as they consider themselves the Garlic Capital of the World. And, as both a big fan of the spice and a person who spent a month in Gilroy back in the 1980's investigating a vineyard fatality in the midst of their festival, I can tell you that they probably desire it more.

It was also the place where I saw the most incredibly beautiful woman it has ever been my privilege to meet in person. She was the owner of the migrant labor firm for which the decedent had worked. I had just come from dealing with the vineyard folks, both arrogant lawyers who couldn't see why they had to be bothered by the government for the death on their property, and was hot and tired in the bargain. I waited in the anteroom at the labor firm's office for a while until she got there, and then walked in and saw a vision in a white tennis outfit, every hair in place, and looking as if butter would not melt in her mouth.

All that I wanted at that point to literally be in heaven was a clove or two of garlic, diced up and served on hot buttered Italian bread. And, I was in the right place to find it...

Last edited:
No doubt the good folks in Gilroy CA will dispute the validity of your festival, as they consider themselves the Garlic Capital of the World. And, as both a big fan of the spice and a person who spent a month in Gilroy back in the 1980's investigating a vineyard fatality in the midst of their festival, I can tell you that they probably desire it more.

It was also the place where I saw the most incredibly beautiful woman it has ever been my privilege to meet in person. She was the owner of the migrant labor firm for which the decedent had worked. I had just come from dealing with the vineyard folks, both arrogant lawyers who couldn't see why they had to be bothered by the government for the death on their property, and was hot and tired in the bargain. I waited in the anteroom at the labor firm's office for a while until she got there, and then walked in and saw a vision in a white tennis outfit, every hair in place, and looking as if butter would not melt in her mouth.

All that I wanted at that point to literally be in heaven was a clove or two of garlic, diced up and served on hot buttered Italian bread. And, I was in the right place to find it...

Well, it's A garlic festival here, not THE Garlic Festival! LOL!

I swear Terry, you have some of the most colourful stories...

Watch that "u" in "color" stuff here fella...you're talking to a representative of The Land Of The Free And The Brave, retired...

The time I spent in California (during the state shutdown of their OSHA program) was like moving to another planet. Freezing weather in the middle of May, space music on the radio every night, all of the computer stuff in the world at reasonable prices (I stayed in Cupertino, just down the road from Apple's campus), and plenty of bookstores to shop while I was there.

Long time ago, however. We mean to get back while we can both walk, but other things continue to intrude...

Back
Top Bottom