Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
Fanfare is a new piece that was inspired by Brazilian brass bands. As I envision this music, it has an exuberant spirit with samba rhythms churning under contemporary harmonic voicings. It is intended to be a short piece. However, the vamp at the end can be extended for a solo or collective improvisation. It is also reasonably easy to play. It was written for a high school ensemble (with the students having a wide range of skills) that I'm teaching this semester. While Fanfare was inspired by Brazilian music, it is in my own style. Note: the recording is a rough demo created in Sibelius.

The page on my website has a demo recording, lead sheet, and a link to the ensemble score. The score is for 5 horns (flexible instrumentation) and rhythm section. Unlike my other pieces for mid-size ensemble, the rhythm section is optional. In this way, Fanfare can be performed by woodwind quintet, sax section, clarinet ensemble, brass quintet, as several possibilities.

http://www.rogeraldridge.com/fanfare.html

Roger

Last edited:
Sure! It can work without percussion. Send me a PM on Facebook and I'll send PDFs with the score & parts and we can talk instrumentation.

Back
Top Bottom