Finding Instruments on Freecycle.org

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
'kay, truth be known I use the Freecycle.org site to get rid of stuff I can't sell, like that 40' ladder that I was given and never use. (An army retiree starting up a paint business snagged it.) But I've noticed free pianos, clarinets, and saxes being given away too. So besides being another place to check for instruments, it is an excellent way to recycle things you don't use anymore.

I couldn't donate any exercise equipment to Goodwill, there is just too much of that for them to handle. That surprised me; but I got rid of my treadmill (kept the indoor bicycle) in less than three days. That's pretty good and helps keep the local landfill emptier.

I like freecycle.org as well. Haven't seen any great instruments but from time to time people are looking for student instruments to either give away or to receive.

I got my main clarinet from freecycle--a Selmer 10G in very good condition! I told the person giving it away several times that she could get some money for it if she tried to sell it, but she insisted she just wanted to get rid of it.

That's a very good horn. I think you did it right by informing the seller that it's actually a valuable instrument.

BTB, welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom