found a saxello on ebay

I'm a little leery of the statement that...

...this horn is "...perfect for doubling clarinet parts in a big band...". Last that I checked, there aren't any saxophones which duplicate the range and timbre of the soprano clarinet.

But, I'm not an expert eBay seller, one who repeats the same thing in two adjacent paragraphs, so what do I know, right?

I do find tiresome both clarinet players who play sax parts on clarinet, and saxophone players who insist upon playing clarinet pars on saxophone. Almost invariably, they were written for one horn or the other for a very good reason.

(An exception may be made for baritone parts that, written in parallel with clarinet parts in the other sax chairs, were written that way due to the relative rarity of bass clarinets.)

It's too much for the instrument until someone pays that for it. if you really don't wanna sell the horn, you can put a ridiculous price on it. I'm trying to remember the movie where the owner bemoaned losing his team and the friend sez something like, How'd the bastard do that? The owner responds, he paid me the price I was asking for.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PURCHASE WITH BUY IT NOW AND GET FREE WORLD WIDE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
The movie was...

...Heaven Can Wait, the third or fourth remake of the classic from the 1930's, Here Comes Mr. Jordan. And, what was the common thread of all of these?

They all had a soprano saxophone as a Machine of God!

There. Both timely and saxophone related...

Back
Top Bottom