Free: vintage clarinet

I inherited a vintage clarinet for which I have no use, being a flute player. I would like to donate it at no charge other than the shipping from Manitoba, Canada, to someone interested in it. It is a V. Kohlerts & Sons Bb, stamped Kraslice, Czechoslovakia. My guess it dates pre-1939 as I understand the Nazis moved the Kohlerts factory to Bavaria at the start of the war. There doesn't appear to be a serial number. The instrument has been used well but it appears to be in very good condition. The keywork is solid and there are no cracks or scratches on the blackwood body. The case is robust and sound, with some scuff marks on the outside and wear on the blue plush interior. It hasn't been out of its case for many years and is in need of cleaning. The cork on the tenons is in excellent condition, but the cork is missing on the headjoint, which may not be the original. It is stamped <Bundy>. The case has a small plaque which reads <Turner Musical Instruments>.
I know nothing about clarinets and have no idea what level of instrument this is.
A few pics attached here.
PM me if interested or to ask questions or more pics
Michael

Attachments

• IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1385.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 306
The clarinet has gone to a member of this forum. My thanks to the discussion board for your help.
I've enjoyed my stay even though you have been remarkably silent (but with 70+ views);-)
I'm leaving to return to the dark side where we play flutes. Flutes!
So long
Michael

Thanks Michael,

Michael shipped this clarinet to me charging only for his shipping costs. The Clarinet is a Kohlert with a Bundy mouthpiece. The tenon corks and bumpers appeared to be in new condition as well as the pads. A check with the leak light showed a small leak on low E / B2, that's it unless those holes covered with my fingers leak:smile:
That's it as far as I can see, the pads are sealing and in great shape. I cleaned it, oiled it, and ordered some cork form Music Medic to repair the Bundy mouthpiece I also found an old Rico reed probably from years ago when I last played Sop Clarinet, (I think I will order some new ones...)

I also found an old Rico reed probably from years ago when I last played Sop Clarinet, (I think I will order some new ones...)
This just made me laugh. I'm always providing reeds for my friends and band mates. It's amazing how many folks don't care spare. I keep a plasticover on my practice clarinet. It's on a stand next to my desk so that I will continue to play it and hopeful gain some fluency on it. Good luck!

I keep a plasticover on my practice clarinet. It's on a stand next to my desk so that I will continue to play it and hopeful gain some fluency on it. Good luck!
Thanks Gandalfe, I ordered some Fibracells: 2.5 and 3 from WWBW. The clarinet is on it's stand next to it's big brother:smile: (a Pedler BC). I'll also probably leave it there to be able to pick it up and play it on a whim.

Back
Top Bottom