FS YBS-62S

Selling my Yamaha 62. Nothing wrong with it, but played a couple of Keilwerth's today and for what I do, that's what I need... Love this horn, but the JK's have something special that I couldn't get with it. Got a bunch of compliments on this horn over the years, so it'll be tough, but worth it I think.
Silver plate body and bell, gold plated keys and neck. Engraved from bell lip up to neck, Noyek resos
http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/saxplayer1004/Yami 62S/
Pics there
$4k obo

62, and all of the gold plate and engraving was done by Oleg, I'm definitely going to miss this, but found another horn that better fits my playing needs right now

Well, if you can send some nice beauty shots for the 2012 calendar, that'd be appreciated ....

will do. Horn belonged to Bari Sax Diva so she may know more details than I do about it, but tell me what kinda beauty shots and I'll drag the SLR out, It needs polishing bad atm. I told one of my buddies I'm selling it just so I don't have to clean it

Arrgh. Pressed the wrong button. Recap:

* saxplayer, your price is excellent for a really excellent horn: it's lower than a YBS-52 (one of the best baris I've ever played) and about $3K less than a new lacquer 62.
* Picture info is here. Brief summary: as big as possible, as many as possible and send them to me as soon as possible :).
* Examples: you can check out my Lulu storefront and then just click the calendar cover to see the PREVIEW link. I've gotta say that the outdoor shots really do look the nicest, but I'm not a photog. If you can, try to take one better than Matt Stohrer (March 2011) :D.

Thanks!

Conveniently Matt lives all of 5 minutes from me, so some collaboration may be had :emoji_rage:

I realized I priced this low when an hour after I posted, there were 8 different PM's in my inbox on SoTW... I went through ebay and past SoTW listings for the lacquer ones and figured it was a fair price, but oh well. Local guy offered me $5k, so I may do that to save on shipping.

> Conveniently Matt lives all of 5 minutes from me, so some collaboration may be had.
Excellent.

> $4K price.
I've mentioned before that my YBS-52 was $1800 (new) in 1989. That's a bit over $3K in today's money, amusingly enough. The thing is, though, you want to sell at a price that's attractive to today's market -- and today's market is severely depressed. The question you ask yourself is going to be, "Do I sell it for what I know it's worth, but might have to wait for months for an offer or chop my price a bit and actually sell it?"

You've definitely got a drool-worthy horn and I wish that a) I still played and b) that I could afford it. I hope it goes to someone that appreciates that!

it's gone. Gone to a good home though where it'll get played more than I was and appreciated. No qualms about the price. Plus, it was local which is helpful

Back
Top Bottom