Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

G# Arm ...

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
... Or whatever the technical name for it is. It's the part that holds the G# tone hole closed when you play low C#, B, or Bb. It's for my wife's 1981 Selmer USA Omega alto. I'd bet the part from a Super 80 or even a Mark VII would fit.

IMG_0491.JPG

Above is a picture of the horn with the part missing.

20140913172515-81f46f05.jpg

Above is a picture of a Yanagisawa with the part there.

If anyone has the part that they'd like to ... part with ... or can tell me at least where I can find one, I'd greatly appreciate it!

... Or whatever the technical name for it is. It's the part that holds the G# tone hole closed when you play low C#, B, or Bb. It's for my wife's 1981 Selmer USA Omega alto. I'd bet the part from a Super 80 or even a Mark VII would fit.

Above is a picture of the horn with the part missing.

Above is a picture of a Yanagisawa with the part there.

If anyone has the part that they'd like to ... part with ... or can tell me at least where I can find one, I'd greatly appreciate it!
The part you are looking for is called the Bb/G# adjusting arm with screws Allied has that part that fits a Mark VII part number S494 $15.85 in my latest price list. It would be a long shot if that one fits. You might check with Mike Nye Repair in Phoenix and see if he has one or can order you one. Given the dimensions a tech with lathe skills could make that part if one isn't available by any other means.

Thank you both, gentlemen. I'll give Mr. Nye a yell, first. IIRC, he's not terribly far away from here.

Back
Top Bottom