G. Pruefer bass clarinet

Greetings all,

I have a Gus Pruefer wooden bass clarinet that i'm trying to sell, and would like to ask anyone with knowledge on this manufacturer, or on the selling scale of bass clairnets in general, if they can assist me in determining its value. It was manufactured in Providence, RI, and its serial # is 21245, which, according to this webpage http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?29773-Pruefer-Woodwind-Company-When-in-Operation, i gather to have been made sometime in between 1942 and 1948. It's in great condition, great pads and cork. I've attached some pictures. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

P5190095.JPGP5190058.JPGP5190082.JPGP5190084.JPGP5190100.JPG

jean, please don't cross-post (post the same thing in more than one forum area). Read this to see why your posts get sent to the moderation queue.

Regarding the value question, based on the fact that I'm not seeing incredibly high sold prices on eBay for Pruefer Bb soprano clarinets, I'm going to make the assumption that extends to other pitches, as well. That suggests a value between $500 and $700 US and doing a quick search on woodwind.org says that other folks agree with me -- and I see you've posted there, too. The mouthpiece could add value. If you have the peg, that'll help sell it.

Back
Top Bottom