Grandpa Again

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Grandson #2 was born last week. I don't think I mentioned that here. I now have three grandkids. The others are 6 and 10, IIRC. I feel old.

Yes. Congrats. I don't have kids, so will never have grandkids. I still feel old.

Yes. Congrats. I don't have kids, so will never have grandkids. I still feel old.

+1

I am completely on the same page saxhound. No kids for me either.

As far as feeling old goes, I am starting to feel that. Not sure exactly when it started. I think in the last year. Not sure why exactly. I'd like to blame it on COVID, but this one thing I can't really blame on the virus. Maybe it's just too much time to think--now that I don't have rehearsals to go to all the time--and too much talk of rising death and morbidity counts on the daily news.

My new-ish boss is about 5 years older than the amount of years I have working on computers. That was when I realized I was really old.

I don't remember (duh; I'm old) if I came up with the quote, but I've said that you know when you're an adult if someone asks, "Would you like to take a nap?" and your answer is an unqualified and immediate "yes."

No kids, no pool, no pets, no debts, no regrets for me.

But heartfelt congratulations to you Pete and others who enjoy them. I hope they bring you much joy.

And naps are good. I get 6 at night and one after lunch, and yes, I'm getting old. But I started this when I was young, so there is no reason to change now. ;)

Notes

Back
Top Bottom