Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

GTC Clarinet website; for Greek, Turkish & Klezmer clarinet & clarinetists

I came across this interesting & encouraging website last month, for Greek, Turkish & Klezmer clarinet. http://www.gtc-music1.com/

I have a metal Turkish Ramazan KOR sol clarinet, which I've played about a year now. Ramazan KOR Yapımı Metal Sol Klarnet

This site is interesting, for one thing since leaving California during 2008 I've had too little connection to Voice of Roma-which since April of 2000 has been my central musical inspiration. http://www.voiceofroma.com

I trained most as a saxophonist, during the era when jazz was being cloned as the latest academic discipline; so ended up getting foisted upon music far more seriously than my skills or background would've suggested rational.

Discovery of a Romani ancestry & identity during 1997 chancing to read Franz Liszt's The Gipsies in Music, was an amazing and nearly unbelievable experience; like following the herd believing the earth to be round, then suddenly falling off the edge-too late finding the supposed sphere, actually pancake flat.

My general unemployability combined with an arcane enough musical background, with hard bop about the most accessible music I'd been enthused enough to want to play; led to a life often as marginal as I could tolerate, or more so: Though in hindsight experience giving acceptability amongst a culture and society, as unusual and diverse as imaginable...also the least advantaged, everywhere Gypsies are to be found.

I like a line in the 2005 Garth Cartwright book Princes Amongst Men: Journeys With Gypsy Musicians; from the chapter about a Balkan brass band festival-that "the dancing is so polite, and the music so wild." I think a person finds most, tradition infused with the foremost energies of each subsequent generation; rather than a wild and driven chase for the almighty dollar, whether in commercial or academic realms.

The sort of an evolution, carefully nurturing the flame of creativity; by delving only as far from the source as insures survival/often in search of scantest source of fuel. The fire which often illuminates, more than many other uses for a flame.

Back
Top Bottom