Han Kim plays Czardas

This post could go into the thread below about clarinetists to listen to, but this is not the genre of music that thead poster prefers, and rather than hijack the thread....... the performance that I refer to is this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WHlq_jRtgQ. The music itself is not the point here. It is the joy and verve that this young man, and I do mean young man, brings to the performance. Just watch his movements and especially his facial expressions. He's having fun out there. He really enjoys what he's doing. I can only hope to capture that.. Remember that I'm the new guy that is just now beginning to try to learn this instrument. What a joy it is to see this youngster, I believe that he is still a teenager, have so much fun so elegantly. Good on you Han Kim.

Last edited:
It's a lot more difficult to convey joy and excitement when you have a mouthpiece and a reed shoved in your mouth.

Flute players get into this a bit. I always got a kick out of watching the flutes in orchestras as they performed some particularly showy portion - the hair flipping is truly a sight to behold.

Back
Top Bottom