Happy Father's Day

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in our Woodwind Forum land.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in our Woodwind Forum land.
Thanks, although there's no such thing here.

We did celebrate, too, but it was our band's spring concert which went exceptionally well, from both a technical and popularity point of view.

At 4:45AM this morning I finally came home. :)

How sweet of you. Thanks.

Suzy and I took my parents out for father's day yesterday and beat the rush. I've gotten a call from my son and will see Josie and her family this afternoon for Nicky's sax lesson. Suzy and I will take a nice lunch at crossroads too. So mostly today is about music, family, and enjoying the beautiful, sunny, 70s weather. I hope to play some sax duets with Suzy this afternoon. Politics, work and bills can wait until tomorrow. :cool:

Can we go for "Interesting FD Gifts"?

I got a basket full of international sodas. While I told the wife that she can have the birch beer (I think it tastes like carbonated Pepto Bismol) and daughter #2 that she can have the banana soda, I'm interested in trying the Japanese Ramune strawberry soda, primarily because it's been featured in a bunch of anime I've watched (primarily Rahxephon).

Yes, Happy Fathers Day to all us U.S. dads. The only things that would have been better than my delmonico steak and brownie sundae would have been a perfect condition late 1950's Mark VI alto or a R-13 to replace my Bundy, OR...perhaps a Powell, Haynes or Miramatsu flute. But stilll wouldn't trade my son for any these things.

I had my first sax lesson ever and my wife/son gave me a copy of "Touch and Go" by Studs Terkel. Of course I already have it so I'll return it for another book on my list. My wife knows that I'm a huge Studs Terkel fan but somehow thought I wouldn't have one of his books. :emoji_rolling_eyes: I even have a first edition of Giants of Jazz. I don't have it signed though.

Back
Top Bottom