Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Helen's and Pete's Websites

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
https://Bassic-Sax.info/pix is the ginormous saxophone and odd other stuff that catches Helen's and/or my fancy picture gallery. It's kinda been the unofficial sax photo gallery for this website since I sold saxpics.com about 12 years ago.

Anyhow, PIX and several other directories are currently down, pending a full restore. Estimated time to repair is based solely on how fast my Internet connection is.

If you need to see some pics, like RIGHT NOW, my 3-years-out-of-date gallery is still online at https://www.thesax.info/piwigo.

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
And it is back. Thank you to Pete for restoring things to how they should be. itd_3d_ani_w60_smiles_033.gif

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
You've very welcome. Let's see. My shop minimum is $9700 an hour and it took 20 hours to restore ...
:D

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty expensive bass. Let's see. $9700 * 20 = $194,000. An Eppelsheim bass is around $27K, so that's $167,000 left over. Let's say the Eppie weighs about 20lbs or 9071.85 grams. Gold is currently $47.59 a gram. Well, can't buy a 24K gold bass. That'd be about $432,000. However, if I'm reading this correctly, for gold PLATE, you can multiply by .001, so only $432, not including labor. So, no, just getting a bass sax wouldn't cover my bill, even if I said labor was going to be several thousand dollars :D.

As a companion note to this, when I sold saxpics.com, I was offered a somewhat rare horn instead of cold, hard, cash. I came out waaaay ahead with the cash. The somewhat rare horn hasn't appreciated in value anywhere near as much.

Gandalfe

Admin and all around good guy.
Staff member
Administrator
... An Eppelsheim bass is around $27K, ...
Unless you request a custom lacquer, engraving and low A, order three different mouthpieces cuz they are a unique size, order a hard case and soft case ... and then you don't wanna know. Oh and it takes a special SaxRax too that you can tilt to play as it's so heavy.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Unless you request a custom lacquer, engraving and low A, order three different mouthpieces cuz they are a unique size, order a hard case and soft case ... and then you don't wanna know. Oh and it takes a special SaxRax too that you can tilt to play as it's so heavy.
Not that you have any experience with that :D. (Shoulda got that low D, tho. I should also have mentioned that the price comes via https://www.sax.co.uk/eppelsheim-bass-saxophone.ir and xe.com, so I could convert Pounds Sterling into Freedom Units.)

I've mentioned before that if I had the option of plating for the same price or slightly more that I'd take the plating because it's more durable. If I could get the horn without engraving for less or a nominal fee, I'd probably do that, too. I like looking at other people's engraved horns.

Top Bottom