Hello from England

Aulos303

_•_ •_• __ •_•_ •____|
Banned :(
Hi, my name is Larry and I'm obsessed with 2 things-plants and music. I have been playing various instruments over the years including guitar, piano and ukulele, with varying degrees of success. However I recently found myself wanting to reacquaint myself with the recorder, an instrument I used to play at school (everyone did back then)
Like most kids I abandoned the recorder and instead concentrated on keyboards. I had various reed and electronic keyboards, realising that I really wanted a piano which I finally got 2 years ago. I also have 3 guitars which I hardly play now. Anyway I got myself a soprano recorder and realised that it's not a simple instrument to master. I'm still struggling with the low notes at times. I can get a few tunes out of it and have a bit of a natural music ability. Though I can't read music I can pluck a tune out of the air and play it on an instrument to a reasonable degree. I recently listed to In the Bleak Midwinter and transferred it to my recorder with a little help from the internet. Also one night while practising upstairs Amazing Grace popped into my head and I began playing it.
I have also realisted, after watching countless youtube videos that I prefer the sound of the bigger instruments and as such I have ordered a tenor recorder and am really looking forward to getting to grips with it.
I also have long wanted a clarinet-I adore it's sound but that may have to wait a few years as they're not cheap, and buying a cheap one is false economy-as is buying used.
Anyway that's enough for now. I look forward to reading the posts and sharing all the musical experiences in here.

Welcome, I saw your Facebook profile when you joined the Woodwind Forum on facebook. The clarinet can have a lovely sound, one that most of us doublers work years to develop. Here's hoping you find a good used instrument to start on. And welcome to our forum.

Welcome, I saw your Facebook profile when you joined the Woodwind Forum on facebook. The clarinet can have a lovely sound, one that most of us doublers work years to develop. Here's hoping you find a good used instrument to start on. And welcome to our forum.

Thanks Gandalfe. Whats a doubler?

Thanks Gandalfe. Whats a doubler?

Basically a doubler is someone who plays multiple instruments, i.e. I had to double on Bb Clarinet and Baritone Saxophone for a musical this past spring.

Basically a doubler is someone who plays multiple instruments, i.e. I had to double on Bb Clarinet and Baritone Saxophone for a musical this past spring.

Well I have 10 instruments in total of different types...only 3 woodwind tho-2 recorders and a penny whistle

Back
Top Bottom