Help with naming my woodwind quartet

http://www.youtube.com/user/boobsax#p/a/u/0/SVaoMKJ1IVk
This group is sort of like a classical woodwind quartet that approaches the music like a jazz trio or quartet would. The contrabass clarinet and acoustic guitar function like a piano and bass fiddle and the clarinet and flute add melody and harmony with a fair amount of simultaneous improvisation in the vain of Warn Marsh and Pete Christlieb.

Some of the ideas we've had are;
since we're woodwinds and guitar with steel strings and sometimes pedal steel guitar
STEEL WIND > STEEL WINDS> STEEL WIND QUARTET>

Since we're all from California and Colorado with connections in New Mexico and Texas
WEST WINDS> WESTWIND QUARTET
SIERRA WINDS> SIERRA WIND QUARTET
SANTA ANA WIND QUARTET
I realize some of these don't represent the guitar but a traditional woodwind quintet has a brass instrument so it's not unprecedented.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions as to what you think we should be called?

thanks
--bob

I like Whirlwind Quartet. Very intriguing title. It really "grabs" a person's attention.

I like Whirlwind Quartet. Very intriguing title. It really "grabs" a person's attention.

Yes that is an intriguing name.
I also like that it doesn't sound genre specific. It could be any style of music but perhaps not to serious.

I also still like West Wind.

You need to work the string instruments in the name somehow so they don't feel left out.

Windstrum Quartet

Pluck and Blow Quartet

Strum and Blow Quartet

Windstring Quartet

Frets and holes Quartet

Guitwind Quartet

Woodtar Quartet

Be careful with names that could easily be misspelled. So, "Guitwind Quartet" wouldn't be my #1 choice. :-D

Ho'w bout "Quarter Rest Quartet" ?

You need to work the string instruments in the name somehow so they don't feel left out.

Windstrum Quartet

Pluck and Blow Quartet

Strum and Blow Quartet

Windstring Quartet

Frets and holes Quartet

Guitwind Quartet

Woodtar Quartet

Is it me, or does something just not seem "right" about some of these ??
:oops:
No offense, jbtsax.

Is it me, or does something just not seem "right" about some of these ??
:oops:
No offense, jbtsax.

People say that about me all the time, that I just don't seem quite "right" to them. What's wrong with my name suggestions? I think they are just fine. (tongue firmly in cheek) :) :) :)

P.S. How about the Breaking Wind Quartet? That would get everyone's attention, though folks would hesitate to sit in the front four rows at the concerts.

Thanks for the smiles. I, as a lady with a bone dry sense of humor, would never have the motivations to call my quartet such an "explicit" name, however I suppose with the sound of a bassoon, it is so fitting I can not dismiss.

Back
Top Bottom