Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

If I disappear, here's the reason why ...

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Goes along with a post I made earlier.

So, I get three e-mails from Microsoft about my three Hotmail/Live.com e-mail accounts: "Unusual activity detected." Yah. Sure. Whatever. 99% of the time, when I get these e-mails, it's a false positive: my company's VPN doesn't always connect me locally, but in a different state.

I've got a minute, so I might as well check it out. Oh. We've got odd IPs listed this time. Let's look that up. "UK Ministry of Defence, ISS Design Directorate, Joint Forces Command" :emoji_astonished:.

So, if I disappear, tell my wife, daughters, and grandkids I love them ...

2.jpg

MK Ultra was child's play vs. Google Deep Dream.

Hey, I got a reply. That's kinda cool. I wonder if I wrote to the Department of Defense if they'd write me back or just ignore me. Anyhow, I'll just quote a line or two:

Ministry of Defense Guy said:
Whilst I cannot work out exactly why the [IP] Address is there; I can confirm that it is not related to the MOD.
Suuuuuuuure :D

MOD Guy said:
We do know that [$corp] are currently using the [IP] address range on their own internal network and this is currently under investigation with them. Could I ask that you report the incident to [$corp].
I'm pretty sure that $corp could take me out easier than the UK MOD, so I'm not listing their real name. I did report this, as asked. It would be ... interesting ... if $corp is actually playing with my e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom