I'm back...

Ok...

Taken a few months off from this whole "I'm on the internet all the time" thing and am back with a high speed connection (try this internet thing on 40kbps dial-up... you won't be around much either).

Just sayin' hi... starting back up with the community band tonight (started two weeks ago, I just found that out last week, and couldn't get a sitter for last week). Looks like I missed out on a few hours of sight reading... oh well, time to play catch up!

I moved out of the ... abysmal ... living situations I've been in from the past year... am happier now (but lost my dedicated practice room). Anyways... Looks like I have a little catch-up on the forums, and on SOTW as well.

I'll be seein' ya.

**BRENT**

Heh...

Just playin' alto. Only horn I have (right now, and probably for a while). I'd love to play tenor, but second alto book is probably more technical (sometimes play 1st part as well). I gotta work on technical stuff, anyways. At times, we have up to 7 altos... 1 beginner, one septegenarian with a 6M-VIII that has a few original pads and a previously-broken-microtuner-that-was-pinned-into-place-in-the-wrong-position-so-its-always-out-of-tune (but the woman playing is the original owner's sister... so that's cool). There is a guy using a Leblanc horn with all the original documentation in the case (was cool to look at), but he's usually only there about 55-60% of the time. There's also another guy on 1st (younger kid... a fair bit of potential), but he's in HS still... I'm figuring Thursday band rehearsals for him. So yeah... looks like its alto for me.

On the plus side, we had a bassoonist show up, have a well fleshed out low brass section... and are slowly bringing in a couple ringers in the trumpet section... could be an interesting year.

Also... refer to my "Does your Community Band have a home?" thread... they did a bit of work over the summer... nice to have our own building which isn't occupied by unruly middle school band members (think back to when you were in middle school band... go on... i'll give you a second... *looks at watch* Yeah, crazy, wasn't it?).

There was also an actual percussionist with us, instead of some people playing drums. You all know how big of a change that is! Now if we could just get a proper bass drum and a set of tympanis... we should be pretty good.

(Oh... and a bass sax... need a bass sax too!).

**BRENT**

Back
Top Bottom