interesting french soprano (ebay ad, not mine)

Dude! Sopranos are hard! They generally don't follow the design of the alto, tenor or bari, so it makes identification a bit hard!

That being said, I think that's a Pierret. The double-roller on the low C# key and oval G# was on two models I can think of, the Super Artiste and the Virtuor. The engraving looks similar to other Pierrets.

Dude! Sopranos are hard! They generally don't follow the design of the alto, tenor or bari, so it makes identification a bit hard!

That being said, I think that's a Pierret. The double-roller on the low C# key and oval G# was on two models I can think of, the Super Artiste and the Virtuor. The engraving looks similar to other Pierrets.
Yup, thus the reason I was having a problem !! :)

If someone didn't know anything about vintage horns and that person was shown Selmer's Mark VI lineup EXCEPT the soprano and sopranino, I'd be willing to bet there ain't no way he would pick out the design the soprano and sopranino actually had.

Another complication is the fact that some manufacturers had stencils produced for them for only the "odd" pitches -- for instance, Dolnet's sopraninos. Hey, when SML didn't have enough time to produce some of their horns, they got stencils from companies as diverse as Leblanc and Dorfler & Jurka.

Back
Top Bottom