It's that time of year again...

tictactux

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
...to greet everyone here and there and over yonder.

Peace on earth and in your instrument case!

Last edited:
Happy Holidays Everyone

In keeping with my German upbringing, I did up an Advent Calendar for my website. The Bassic Sax Advent Calendar for 2008 (saxophone themed of course) is updated daily at 15 minutes past midnight, Pacific Standard Time. Since I am posting this on December 6, that is the most current link available at this time. However everyday, until the 25th, an update will appear.

In case you're wondering why 25, instead of the traditional 24 "windows", check out my introduction to the calendar.

Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season.

Warmest regards,

Helen

Luv the calendar Helen. I find myself try to guess what the next package will be. Me, I might have started out with a neckstrap or mouthpiece cover and worked up to... yes the Eppelsheim bass sax. :cool:

In the spirit of giving (sharing?) here's the first WCB Holiday Concert video on YouTube: Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson. Not bad for an all volunteer, no pay band in a mall-like cavernous room.

We heard Sleigh Ride at the Seattle Symphony Holiday Pops concert too and wow is the orchestra version different! And in the Benaroya Hall venue, even the softest parts popped.

I'm still working on the bass sax solo for Grinch to post today too and will post Gandalfe's Channel on YouTube.

This is the first year since the early 80's I haven't performed Sleighride in one form or another. Whoever did the band arrangement of Sleighride did a fair job of it, but it doesn't compare to the orchestral version. It just doesn't sound right without the string sections.

Didn't Anderson himself do the arranging on both versions? I've got a different one (the Conick one. I haven't seen either the standard concert band version or orchestra one in decades.

I find myself try to guess what the next package will be.

So do I Jim, so do I.... In the words of Forrest Gump....Life is like a box of chocolates...

On the 25th I'll publish what all the horns actually are.

I got an email from someone in Poland suggesting that I offer a prize to the person who correctly ID's all the horns. I thought about that, but didn't know what to offer. Besides, some of the photos are so small, that it will be impossible to ID the horns correctly, so the chances of "winning" are about the same as winning in Powerball. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom